The Importance of Self Esteem In Children
By First Defence Black Belt Schools | Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:36
The Importance of Self Esteem In
Confidence is the key
A child who has healthy self esteem is armored against
the challenges they will face when they go out into the world. This is because
children who feel great about themselves will indeed have an easier time with
things such as handling conflicts and overall, enjoying life. Kids who have a
healthy level of self-esteem are also likely to be optimistic throughout life.
On the opposing side, kids with low self-esteem will
find challenges which may include things such as frustration and anxiety. When
a child or even adult thinks poorly of themselves, they may also have
difficulty in finding solutions to a problem, and much more.
Child success with self-esteem is one who has a healthy
level of self-worth and is crucial because all-in-all it has a direct impact on
their choices and on their life. Self-esteem is directly connected to a child's
self value. It is the idea in which they have about themselves and just how
important and valuable they believe themselves to be. It is how they will come
to respect themselves.
Confidence in kids is important for several reasons
1. In order to believe they are worthy of being happy as
well as worthy of respect.
2. It is the first step in believing in themselves which
3. A child's self-esteem will directly impact a child's
thinking, how they feel, what they desire, what goals they may have, and what
4. With self-esteem a child can make a mistake yet still
feel proud and respect without getting down on themselves.
5. A child will not have a need to compare themselves to
others when their self-esteem is at a healthy level because their confidence is
6. Children with healthy levels of self-esteem are more
likely to make good decisions. This is because they will be able to approach
problems, use control, and take action while remaining proud of their decision.
7. With self-esteem in kids comes the ability to act
independently and to take responsibility for their desires, actions, and goals.
8. New Challenges are easier to take on as well have
being able to handle criticism.
9. It is a crucial part in finding personal happiness
and greatly assists in fulfilling relationships and achieving what they desire.
10. Overall, a child's self-esteem will allow them to
eventually be in control of their own life.
So you can see just how important self-esteem is for
your child. It is one of the most important building blocks when it comes to
their development and in becoming the best individual they can be and become.
Esteem and Confidence
Try our Schools in Falmouth, Helston and Hayle