Profile image for metjeffuk

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER [IN TWO PARTS] 2012 WEATHER FORECAST FROM METJEFFUK

I am forecasting a changeable, rather cold and at times wet November , with rainfall totals probably above normal. It could also occasionally be quite blustery, but there will be dry, finer, colder spells when overnight frosts which could locally be quite sharp.

The origin of air masses this month will often be from the Iceland or Scandinavia areas which will make it feel rather cold, Frost and any snow will be mostly on hills but later falling at lower levels, with the mean average temperature over most of the country likely to be below average. Confidence is medium to high for November and medium for December .

Summary:

November : will start unsettled and rather cold. There will be showers and some longer spells of rain with snow at times more especially on northern hills. The east and south will have the best of the sunny intervals. Top temperatures will be 6 to 11cC, with minimum values around -1 to +3C giving slight frost in places. Around the middle of the month I expect to see temperatures rise and become briefly rather mild with rain or drizzle and hill fog. Second half of the month I expect it turn progressingly colder from the north east as high pressure builds over Scandinavia showers particularly in the east at first, will turn wintry with a more prolonged period of sleet or snow in southern England, it will later become finer and drier for a time. There will be sunny spells, but hard frosts becoming be more widespread. Maximum day time temperatures could be as low as 0c to 3C, with minimum values mainly in the range -7 to-2c
METJEFFUK
1st November 2012

By metjeffuk at 00:36 on 06/11/12

Re-post           

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent